If you are missing all of your teeth along your upper or lower jaw, you may be feeling like slipping, sliding dentures are your only option. But what if we told you there was a better way? With full mouth, also known as full arch dental implants, you can get your smile back—and keep it for good!
Rather than relying on adhesive or suction, full arch implants are permanently anchored in your jawbone, giving you a stable base for your new teeth. To learn more about full arch dental implants, we invite you to read below or contact our LOCATION office today!
Full Arch Dental Implants
Full arch dental implants are a type of implant solution that can be used to support an entire arch of replacement teeth. Unlike single dental implants, which are placed in the jawbone to support a single tooth, full arch implants are placed along the curve of the jaw to provide support for an entire row of prosthetic teeth. This provides a stable base that fully restores bite force and evenly distributes chewing pressure across the appliance, making it an ideal option for those who are missing all of their teeth.
All-On-4 is a type of full arch dental implant that uses just four implants to support an entire arch of teeth. This system was designed to provide a more efficient way to place implants and reduce surgical time. All-On-4 implants are placed along the jawbone at strategic angles, allowing them to provide maximum support for the new teeth.
There are many benefits that come with choosing All-On-4 over traditional dentures or multiple single implants, including:
- Reduced surgical time and implant placement
- Fewer implants needed to support an entire arch of teeth
- Greater stability for the new teeth
- Increased bite force and chewing power
- More natural looking and feeling teeth
- Easier to clean than dentures
Teeth Next Day
One of the most popular benefits of the full arch implant system is the ability to get your new teeth in just one day. With traditional implants, it can take months for the jawbone to fuse with the implant post before the tooth restoration can be placed. However, with full arch implants, the restoration is placed on the same day as surgery, so you can walk out of our office with a brand-new smile. The process goes as follows:
- The first step in getting full arch dental implants is to consult with our experienced implant dentist. During your consultation, we will evaluate your oral health to make sure you are a good candidate for implants.
- Once it has been determined that you are a good candidate, the next step is to have the implants placed. This is a surgical procedure that is performed under local anesthesia.
- After the implants have been placed, you will need to wait for them to fuse to the jawbone, which can take several months.
- In the meantime, we will place a temporary set of teeth that look, feel, and function just as great as natural teeth.
- Once the implants have fused to the jawbone, you will return to our office to have your permanent, custom-made prosthetic placed. These will be perfectly aligned with your preference for color, size, shape, and overall appearance.
- The new teeth are securely attached to the implants, giving you a beautiful, natural-looking smile that you can be proud of.
If you are interested in learning more about full arch dental implants or All-On-4, we invite you to contact our office today. We would be happy to answer any questions you may have and help you determine if this treatment is right for you.